Donate to keep Ben-Gurion University of the Negev safe.
Keep Ben-Gurion University of the Negev Safe
At Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU), our security personnel are also our students. Those hired are carefully trained and have skills and experience obtained in the military prior to attending BGU.
They have dedicated themselves to helping others, and in fact must be ready at a moment's notice to put others' lives in front of their own each and every day.
They need protecting too.
As missiles bombarded Beer-Sheva during Operation Pillar of Defense, it became clear that our security personnel were not as safe as they should have been. We need to do what we can to make sure that they will be the next time. Your contribution of any amount can make a big difference.
Please help us purchase the following items to keep these special protectors safe:
- 160 protective uniforms for security staff at $150 each
- Portable loudspeakers at $200
- Care packages for returning reservists at $200 each
- Private tutoring sessions for returning reservists at $200 each
- 50 sets of protective vests and helmets at $500 a set
- Two-way radio equipment at $800
- A satellite telephone at $1,700
- 20 surveillance cameras at $5,000 each
Additionally, we need to raise funds to build a secure structure at the main gate that will serve as a safe room during missile attacks. There is also a great need to purchase an additional four-wheel drive security vehicle and two trailers outfitted with emergency medical equipment.
Make your donation by December 31 and you will also be able to receive a tax deduction for 2012.
Thank you for your support and concern.