Admissions for North American Students
Year, Fall or Summer Programs: April 1
Spring or Winter Programs: October 1
Applications to OSP programs must include the following documents:
- Application Form (PDF Version)
- Personal Statement - Please type on a separate sheet of paper a 300-400 word essay relating to one of the following statements or questions:
- Discuss a previous trip to Israel, highlighting the most memorable or meaningful component of the experience.
- If you have not been to Israel, describe who and/or what motivated you to consider study abroad there.
- What do you think is unique about studying in Israel and what do you hope to gain specifically from your experience at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev?
- What are your current, personal perceptions of Israel? How have they been formed, influenced or changed?
- What aspects of Israel are you most interested in exploring?
- Transcripts (A secondary school transcript is required from high school seniors and first year college students. Sophomores and up need to send only your college transcript.)
- One academic recommendations for semester and year programs. Recommendations must be sealed, signed and sent directly to the New York office by the referent. (Form)
- One personal recommendation (Ulpan-only applicants may choose to submit one academic or one personal recommendation.)(Form)
- Application Fee of $60. Checks should be made payable to: American Associates, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev or AABGU.
Applications will be reviewed only after all relevant documents are received and applicant’s file is complete. Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Decisions are usually made within one month of receipt of the complete application file.
After admission to the program you must submit the following information in addition to other pre-departure information that will be sent out to all admittees.
- Medical form, completed and signed by examining physician
- One passport-style photo in digital form (head and shoulders on white background)
- Photocopy of passport and Israeli identity card (if applicable)
- You must make sure to obtain an Israeli student visa BEFORE studying in Israel
If you are an exchange student (non-tuition paying) please click here.
Any hard copy documents should be sent to:
American Associates, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
Ginsburg-Ingerman Overseas Student Program (OSP)
1001 Avenue Of The Americas, 19th Floor
New York, NY 10018