Admissions for North American Students
Applications to OSP programs must include the following documents:
- Application Form (PDF Version)
- Personal Statement - Please type on a separate sheet of paper a 300-400 word essay relating to one of the following statements or questions:
- Discuss a previous trip to Israel, highlighting the most memorable or meaningful component of the experience.
- If you have not been to Israel, describe who and/or what motivated you to consider study abroad there.
- What do you think is unique about studying in Israel and what do you hope to gain specifically from your experience at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev?
- What are your current, personal perceptions of Israel? How have they been formed, influenced or changed?
- What aspects of Israel are you most interested in exploring?
- Transcripts (A secondary school transcript is required from high school seniors and first year college students. Sophomores and up need to send only your college transcript.)
- Two academic recommendations for semester and year programs. Summer-only or Ulpan-only registrants require one academic recommendation. Recommendations must be sealed, signed and sent directly to the New York office by the referent. (Form)
- One personal recommendation (Ulpan-only applicants may choose to submit one academic or one personal recommendation.)(Form)
- Medical form, completed and signed by examining physician
- One passport-style photo in digital form (head and shoulders on white background)
- Photocopy of passport and Israeli identity card (if applicable)
- Application Fee of $60. Checks should be made payable to: American Associates, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev or AABGU.
Applications will be reviewed only after all relevant documents are received and applicant’s file is complete. Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Decisions are usually made within one month of receipt of the complete application file.
Year, Fall or Summer Programs: May 15
Spring or Winter Programs: Extended Deadline: Dec 5th
If you are an exchange student (non-tuition paying) please click here.
Any hard copy documents should be sent to:
American Associates, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
Ginsburg-Ingerman Overseas Student Program (OSP)
1001 Avenue Of The Americas, 19th Floor
New York, NY 10018